During my time as a journalist I have been committed to illuminating vital human rights stories and underreported issues.
I’ve reported on war crime allegations in Ukraine for The i paper and openDemocracy; travelled to Berlin’s first LGBTQ refugee centre for NBC News; investigated the forced anal examinations that are terrorising gay men in Africa and the Middle East; spent the night with the 'Soho Angels' keeping London’s nightlife scene safe; explored Prague’s Paralelní Polis, the creation of the infamous Ztohoven artist-activist group; profiled former BP CEO, Lord John Browne, and covered the rise of sustainable fashion at Milan Men's Fashion Week.
- NBC News
- Huffington Post
- The Telegraph
- The i Paper
- Financial Times’ publications
- The Printing Charity Rising Star Award
- Excellence in Legal Coverage Award 2022 - NLGJA: The Association of LGBTQ Journalists
- Excellence in Health or Fitness Coverage Award 2021 - NLGJA: The Association of LGBTQ Journalists
- The European Collaborative Journalism Programme (ECJP) Fellowship 2023
- Sir Lenny Henry Centre for Media Diversity Industry Fellowship 2022
- George Weidenfeld Fellowship (IJP) 2022
- Reuters Institute (University of Oxford) - Journalist Fellowship Summer School 2021
- John Schofield Trust Fellow 2021
I'm currently based in London where I work as a freelance journalist for a range of international publications. I studied Archaeology at University College London as an undergraduate before completing an MPhil in African Studies at Cambridge University.
I've filed stories from Prague, Oslo, Copenhagen, Kyiv, Lviv, Amsterdam, Vienna, New York, Dublin, Edinburgh, Berlin, Lugano, Budapest, Frankfurt, Munich, Hamburg, Milan, Las Vegas, Paris, Malta, Stockholm and Venice.